I am currently obsessed with everything from the Gucci Marmont collection – any color and style! Also high on my wishlist is a great pair of cropped jeans with frayed hem!
As my previous posts suggest, I am quite the bargain shopper and hate spending money on clothing without versatility or multiple uses. Therefore, I remember cringingly buying maternity clothes when I was pregnant with my son seven years ago. Knowing that my investment will be short lived before I stash the outfits far, far away, I didn’t see the use in purchasing many maternity clothes.
Not much has changed the second time around. Except a couple of maternity jeans and TWO maternity tops, I managed to utilize my existing wardrobe for pregnancy outfits. I also purchased new items, but instead of shopping for maternity clothes, I stuck to items that I can wear throughout my pregnancy and afterwards, as well.
Partnering up with Seattle Goodwill, I want to show how you can avoid buying a whole new maternity wardrobe by staying in your regular clothing much longer than you would expect. If you ask me, it makes perfect sense to shop at a thrift/consignment shop, or even better at Goodwill, for maternity clothing. Since the items are almost brand new because they were worn for only a few months, expecting moms can take advantage of the low prices and save their money for the many baby expenses.
Here are some tips on how to turn your wardrobe into pregnancy-friendly outfits by stretching it through nine pregnancy months:
- Make stretchy fabrics your best friend! It may seem counterintuitive, but dressing your preggo body in close-fitting clothes is actually flattering. Don’t make the mistake of buying clothes two sizes up because the rest of your body stays (mostly) the same after giving birth and your arms won’t grow, I promise. Instead stick with bodycon and knit dresses that show off your baby bump in all its glory and give you room to grow. There will come a point during every pregnancy when it becomes impossible to camouflage it anyway, so why not make it the focal point?
- Get yourself a pant extender! It’s a couple of bucks well spent, when you can literally stretch your favorite jeans and pants; at least for a few months. The only thing to consider is to wear long, preferably flowy tops to make sure you don’t flash anyone due to the open zipper.
- Speaking of flowy tops…and long sweaters and tunics. Buy them, wear them, cherish them! They will become your go-to pieces to change up your maternity style from casual to dressy and everything in between.
- Accessorize your outfits! Who said pregnant women can’t have fun with fashion trends? I am totally obsessed with the current velvet trend and hunted a pair of merlot velvet booties down that are not only fashionable, but also comfortable. Mamas, we can have it all! Just make sure your booties or shoes have a stacked, lower heel for comfort and no trend is safe!
- Throw on a leather jacket, faux or genuine, to pull your outfit together and give it more edge. Don’t mind the fact that you can’t zip it up. Jackets have become purely decorative at this point. Long vests are a chic alternative to leather jackets, and can be even more flattering for pregnant curves.
And here are a few wardrobe staples that you simply must get from the maternity department. For an inexpensive alternative, check out Goodwill’s maternity section for some amazing finds:
– black tights/pantyhose are lifesavers for hiding all those pesky spider and varicose veins pregnant women are “blessed” with
– one or two great pair of jeans that you will live in. Now is the time to splurge, if you feel like it! You can’t put a value on a great fitting pair of maternity pants that don’t slide off, don’t cut your belly off, and look amazing on you. It might take some time to find the perfect pair, but when you do, life will become much better.
– maternity leggings to wear with your plethora of non-maternity long tops and sweaters
Enjoy this special time, ladies, and have fun dressing your baby bumps!!!
||Black knit dress: Calvin Klein c/o Seattle Goodwill | Tan peplum faux leather jacket: similar | Burgundy velvet booties: Steve Madden Cynthia Velvet Booties | Yellow cross-body bag: c/o Coach 1941 Dinky Crossbody in Glovetanned Leather | Black tights: H&M Mama 2-Pack Tights 40 Denier | Blue velvet dress: c/o Seattle Goodwill | Silver neck collar: c\o Seattle Goodwill | Plaid blouse: Plaid Pintuck Long Sleeve Shirt | Black moto faux leather jacket: similar | Black booties: H&M Ankle Boots ||
DISCLOSURE: This post was sponsored by Seattle Goodwill, but THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED HERE ARE MY OWN.
As I mentioned a little while back, I had the privilege of being a panelist at the latest Style Boss event held at the Style Suite in the Westfield Southcenter mall. After showcasing boss style and street wear during the first two events, the last installment of the series was all about how to get stylish in 15 minutes or less.
Being busy working moms ourselves, Brenda of From Me, With Love Designs , Sasha of MintedMethod and I are used to having only little time to get ourselves ready to head out the door. Thankfully, even short on time everybody can be pulled together, while looking and feeling their best with some easy tips and tricks. My co-panelists and I had some great style secrets to spill on how to look fabulous fast, and I will share them with you, of course.
How to look fab in 15:
- Stick to versatile, staple items – This striped blouse is a versatility genius! Wear it with jeans and flats to drop off your kids at school, throw a blazer over for a business meeting, and wear it to dinner with a pencil skirt and high heels – a definite must piece. By the way, this Portofino blouse comes in so many patterns and colors, you are sure to find one you love. Also, top off the blouse with this sleeveless blazer, while taking it to the next fashion level.
- Mix and match neutrals – Nobody has time for perfect color matching in the morning! Bypass the dilemma by sticking to a neutral wardrobe palette. And yes, jeans, navy, beige, and nudes are considered neutrals as well. You are going to love wearing this perfect pair of girlfriend jeans with anything and everything!
- Layer a great jacket on top – I picked this black vegan leather jacket for my model’s outfit because everyone needs one in their closet. It goes with everything and never goes out of style. I love this Express one particularly because it can be worn zipped up for a sporty look, or open for a more feminine feel. Thankfully, there are so many outerwear options right now, .. short or long vest, kimono, jean jacket, military jacket/vest, bomber jacket…find a jacket that perfectly suits your style!
- Accessorize! This is the fun part where we can get creative and truly show off our personality. May it be a breathtaking pair of heels, or a showstopping statement necklace, don’t be afraid to play with textures and colors. I consider accessories the cherry on top and the difference between a good and a fabulous outfit! Extra tip: Keep a favorite statement necklace in the car that you can throw on in a hurry!
- Plan your outfit the evening before and try everything on, including accessories. What might seem like a great combination in theory, might not look as good in real life. Better to figure it out the night before, instead of scrambling for an alternative in the morning!
- And most importantly: Wear what you love, and confidence will show through and make you look fabulous!
Now that you have an outfit picked out, you probably have about 5 minutes left for your make-up and hair. Before you throw your hair in a bun and run out of the door, let me tell you about the 5-minute face!
Everybody’s 5-minute face is different depending on what features are most important to you to highlight or cover up. However, using versatile skincare and make-up products is a smart idea for everybody.
For me this means, using a BB cream to even out my skin tone, while hydrating and protecting it from sun rays. I also can’t leave the house without at least one coat of mascara and brow gel because I have naturally light lashes and brows. As the last step of my 5 minute face, I like to sweep a light coat of blush on the apples of my cheeks, or even just the leftovers on my blush brush, and I am ready to face the day.
If I have 5 minutes more, I usually apply concealer and foundation, in order to achieve a more flawless complexion. Bronzer is another crucial step in my make-up routine to liven up my light skin tone. If you happen to have more time on your hands, contouring can make a huge difference! Additionally, I like to enhance my eyes with a warm brown eye shadow. The quickest way to apply it, is to use your bronzer as your eye shadow! The tone is perfect for a neutral eye and you don’t have to mess around with multiple palettes.
Here are the products I use for my 5 minute face:
- Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB
- Milani Baked Powder Blush or Mac Powder Blush
- Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Mascara or Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel Mascara or Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel
If you have 5 more minutes:
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer
- BareMinerals Hydrating Mineral Veil and Original Foundation
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer or Smashbox Bronze Lights
Tips for quick fabulous hair:
- Dry shampoo is your best friend because you can extend your blow dry for a few more days without washing. This one is a miracle for volume and texture, while this one is great all around and for your pocket book!
- Give hair bands and wraps a try for a quick new hair style- they come in all kinds of colors and shapes to match your personal style.
- Wash your hair in the evening and style it in the morning to save you some much needed time. Often times, I find my curls look even better the second day!
Tiffany Lowry demonstrates a quick head band style
Hopefully, these tips and tricks will help you to get ready in the morning and look and feel fabulous as we all should!
I am excited to tell you about this fun event that is celebrating women and showcasing personal style – a collaboration of Westfield Southcenter, My Style Suite and Gossip & Glamour ! A series of three events will take place between April 26th and May 24th featuring a panel discussion with local style bloggers and curated fashion advice – and the first event is tonight!
Every event will have its own focus with fashion presentations and style bloggers sharing their tips with you. And I am very honored that I was chosen to be a panelist for the Fab in 15 Style Boss Series!!! To make things even better, I have a promo code for you that takes $5 off your ticket price: VIP
Get your tickets here
I can’t wait to share my tips with you on how to look and feel great when you are short on time! We will learn how to make the most of our time when getting ready and will explore must-haves for our closets and bathroom vanities.
Also, a portion of each event’s proceeds will be donated to Dress for Success Seattle to help women reach economic empowerment through a working wardrobe. All events will take place at My Style Suite at Westfield Southcenter located on level one in between Nordstrom and Macys. (Please note: All events are 21+)
And it would not be a fashion event without LIGHT BITES, EXCLUSIVE OFFERS, SWAG BAGS & MORE!!!
Can’t wait to see you there!
Style Boss – April 26th from 6-8pm
Learn insider beauty and fashion secrets to help you get ahead in the workplace. Featured influencers will participate in a fashion presentation and share their best tips for creating a stylish, yet work-appropriate wardrobe. Stylist Darcy Camden of My Style Suite will moderate the panel discussion and explore must-have pieces every Style Boss should own. This is a benefit event for Dress for Success Seattle. Get Tickets here
Street Style – May 10th from 6-8pm
Explore street style through the eyes of our featured influencers and get a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes the capture the perfect shot. Guests will enjoy a street style runway show and panel discussion with featured bloggers moderated by stylist Darcy Camden. Get Tickets here
Fab in 15 – May 24th from 6-8pm
Are you short on time? Do you need to get out the door in 15-minutes or less? Join Darcy Camden of My Style Suite along with featured style bloggers from around the city for a fashion presentation showcasing style secrets on how to look fabulous fast including hair, make-up, beauty and fashion. We’ll show you easy ways to instantly pull together a perfectly polished look.
Think it is too late to do your Holiday shopping online and you will have to face the crowded malls to avoid being empty-handed on Christmas? Think again!
If you are a procrastinator like me, I have great news! I have compiled two gift guides with items that are guaranteed to arrive before Christmas.
A little trick to save you even more time is to enter the shipping address of the lucky ones who will receive your gift. A lot of items already come beautifully packaged, such as Stella & Dot, or companies offer wrapping as an add-on to your order.
Wishing you Happy Holidays and successful last-minute shopping!
- Brisk Velvet Ankle Boots by Steve Madden in Burgundy; $99 with free second-day shipping through December 20th
- Waverly Petite Black perforated Crossbody bag by Stella¨ $98 with standard shipping through December 20th
- Susan Grace Skincare from $10 to $94 with free shipping through December 23rd with coupon code FREE
- Shopping Buddy Session with a Styled Seattle stylist; $75/hour gift certificate with free shipping through December 24th
- Silver Chain Engravable Bar Necklace by Stella¨ $59 with standard shipping through December 20th
- Kathmandu Snow Boots by Northside; $62.61 with free one-day shipping with Amazon Prime through December 23rd
- Leather Cuff Addison by Stella¨ $34 with standard shipping through December 20th
- Lace Bomber Jacket by Chloe&Katie; $29.40 (was $49) at Nordstrom with free standard shipping through December 22nd
- Sway by Silver Linings Games; $30 with standard shipping
- Basic Black Choker by Kitsch Jewelry; $8 at Something Silver with free 2-day shipping for orders over $99 placed before 2 pm on December 21st; also 20% OFF EVERYTHING with code HOLIDAY20
- Fair Isle Poncho by Modena; $29.98 (was $50) at Nordstrom with free standard shipping through December 22nd
- Cover Your Assets by Grandpa Beck’s Games; $12.99 with free one-day shipping with Amazon Prime through December 23rd
- “The Expert” Lip color in Marzie by Kevyn Aucoin; $35 at Nordstrom with free standard shipping through December 22nd
- Gold Geometric Stud Earrings 3-Pack Aurora by Stella&Dot (also available in silver); $29 with standard shipping through December 20th
‘Tis the season to start your Holiday shopping! With Black Friday and crowded malls in our near future, what better way to escape all the hustle and bustle than by shopping locally in a relaxed and stylish space? Sounds perfect!
Here is why you can’t miss this Pop-Up event:
- 20% off discount on all purchases of Susan Grace Skincare and JJ Caprices Jewelry
- complimentary 3-minute GLOW & GO facials by Susan Grace
- early-access to holiday gift sets
- Special guests include jet-setter Amanda Zurita and yours truly to tell you my first-hand experience with the amazing all-natural Susan Grace Skincare line and facials
- a gorgeous social media lounge to recharge in the heart of downtown Seattle
- product giveaways, and so much more ( I hear that Santa Claus might get comfy right next to the Pop-Up Shop 🙂
RSVP here for a chance to win fabulous raffle prizes and beauty swag!
I am looking forward to celebrating this Holiday season with so many of you and can’t wait for next Saturday’s Pop-Up to start our shopping in style!
I have to confess I love designer clothes and accessories and there are very few things more fun than browsing through Vogue imagining owning the newest pair of Louboutins. However, for most of us shopping at luxury boutiques is far out of reach. And honestly, the frugal side in me cringes thinking about spending a small fortune on a single item. After all, it is too easy finding amazing and trendy pieces without sacrificing your mortgage payment. That is why I love thrift shopping at Goodwill! I can always score exceptional deals on items that would be too pricey for me in regular stores.
If you are a fellow thrift shopper as me, I have great news! This fabulous event is for you: The Design Challenge at the Goodwill outlet in Seattle on September 23rd, 2016!
What it is all about: The Design Challenge highlights the exceptional work of local design students from colleges, such as The Art Institute of Seattle, and Cornish college of the Arts. The students were given 20 minutes to shop the Seattle Outlet for materials, and then got to work designing their garments using only what they found. At the event on September 23, the most talented designers will display their final pieces on the runway in front of a panel of judges evaluating creativity, quality of construction, and relevance to the Glitter Gala theme, which is also coming up soon. Here is some more information on it and the No Sew Challenge as well.
Tickets for this event start at $25, but I have a giveaway for a pair of tickets for one of my readers right here!!!
All you have to do is click this link and follow the instructions! Easy peasy!
Good luck and happy thrifting!
Photos by Victoria West Photography
Something great is happening on Main Street in Bellevue, Washington and I have been impatiently waiting for the reveal. Since the “Jujubeet Coming Soon” sign went up a few months back, I have been stalking the empty store front because I simply could not wait for a juice bar across from my local yoga studio. My prayers – and namaste’s – have been answered, but the newly opened Jujubeet Cafe is so much more than I could have ever dreamed of!
Jujubeet’s mission is to provide whole, unprocessed foods in a quick, and convenient way. The lack thereof in the Seattle area is exactly why Bianca founded her first Jujubeet Juice bar three years ago. She believes that food should be simple, delicious, and yet nutrient-rich. The customers loved the concept of a healthy alternative to grab-n-go foods and soon Jujubeet expanded to 4 locations.
Responding to the many customers’ requests for a larger dining area, Bellevue’s new Jujubeet cafe was created with ample space for larger groups and families to enjoy a healthy meal. The newly renovated cafe was entirely designed by H2 Design + Build and invites you to sit down and enjoy the airy and bright space.
The menu underwent some major changes as well. Warm meals were added that are exclusive to the Bellevue location and are always freshly prepared in the cafe. The in-house dietitian and the Jujubeet team created these dishes together to offer guests meals that are equally healthy and delicious. Jujubeet now also offers a healthy kids’ menu featuring delicious foods like a vegan and gluten-free nut butter and banana crepe, which I know my son will go gaga for. And to top it all off, there is now an espresso bar with artisan, locally roasted coffee from Caffe Umbria and a delicious raw vegan dessert menu (think chickpea truffles and chocolate banana bites)! I can confidently say that Jujubeet checked off every single item on my list for a perfect Cafe!
I was lucky enough to interview co-founder Bianca Szyperski during the soft opening phase last week and sample some of the delicious new items on Jujubeet’s menu. The pecan Mushroom Pate Sandwich was absolutely delicious and, best of all, filled me up. This would be a great dish to share with some girlfriends after a work out! The Cinnamon Oat Waffle was as beautiful as it was yummy, and being vegan and gluten-free definitely did not take away from the glorious taste! I also tasted some of the house-made coconut yogurt and will definitely be back for more.
It would not be a Jujubeet without its famous juices, of which I sampled the “Happy Greens” and “Liver Purifier”. I can see why “Happy Greens” is a crowd favorite – it is refreshing and includes all the essential greens (spinach, kale, cucumber, celery) with a fun twist that is fennel. My favorite juice might have been the “Liver Purifier”, however. Don’t be intimidated by the beets in the juice and give it a try – I highly recommend its delicious earthiness! And of course, Jujubeet also offers juice cleanses, which are great for resetting your system and kick start healthier food habits.
Jujubeet is throwing a grand opening celebration which is scheduled for Thursday, April 14 from 3-8 pm! To celebrate the new Bellevue location, Jujubeet is offering a special 15% off all menu items during the party – and also 15% off cleanses by phone orders on Thursday, April 14! Here is the phone number to take advantage of that awesome offer: (425) 454-0747
I know that I will be at Jujubeet eating to my heart’s content and I would love seeing you there doing the same 🙂
Every once in a while you find a clothing item that is flawless. I am talking about the perfect combination of looks and comfort that you will be wearing until it is old and torn. You know instantaneously that it will be your favorite item in your closet and your ride or die through the season.
Of course, such an anomaly doesn’t come along very often, but I found it in a pair of Laura Britt shoes. Not only are these lace-ups – the Midcentury Atomic, to be exact – super cute, but I can also wear them with a variety of outfits. From a casual t-shirt and jeans look to a girly sundress (as in this video here), the possibilities are endless. And let’s not forget the affordable price of $39.99!
Now, let me tell you a bit about the comfort: Before I tried this pair of Laura Britt shoes, I was convinced that every pair of lace-up sneakers feels about the same on your feet. I was so wrong! As soon as you slide your foot into the shoe, you notice the padded foot liner, and even tongue and collar. Comfort was so integral in the making of this shoe that elastic side bands were added for more slip-on ease, so you don’t have to untie the shoes every time.
Every pair of Laura Britt shoes was carefully crafted with the wearer’s comfort and style in mind. This is not where my love for this local Seattle company stops, however, as there is even more goodness! By buying a pair of Laura Britt shoes the net profits are donated to Young Life Ministry, as well as to Cleveland Clinic for vascular research.
The owner, Helen Little, went through a life-changing battle with a rare disease that inspired her to create Laura Britt and give back to the community that means so much to her. I have had the opportunity of meeting this amazing woman behind the shoe brand and hear her motivation and joy for what she does. Please read Helen’s inspiring story here to find out for yourself!
Take a look at the fabulous collection below, which has something for every taste. And with the football season around the corner, why not snag a pair of the Seahawks – blue and green colored espadrilles? I know I will.
It is time to invest in lives … step by step!
Midcentury – Atomic
Midcentury – Geometric
Thank you to the amazing talent of Erin from Lyrel Productions!
DISCLOSURE: Laura Britt Shoes GRACIOUSLY PROVIDED ME WITH PRODUCT FOR REVIEW. THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED HERE ARE MY OWN.
One question that I always hear as a Stella & Dot stylist is about my own favorite jewelry pieces. So today I want to show you some of my all time favorite accessories that I can’t live without.
I love big statement necklaces and the way they can transform even the most bland outfits. However, as they can be cumbersome to wear all day, I usually prefer delicate jewelry on the daily. Cue, my favorite delicate statement necklaces!
Just as big statement necklaces, their smaller cousins pack a big punch, but are much smaller and easier to wear. Another advantage of delicate necklaces is that they don’t overpower petite ladies, and still have a great impact on the outfit.
Here I am sharing my two favorite delicate necklaces that I simply don’t want to take off:
The gold plated Stone Tile Necklace with hand-set lapis stones is a stunner dressed up or down. Wear it with a neutral colored shirt for a casual look, or pair it with a royal blue lace top as I did for the biggest impact.
I adore how the different shades of blue complement each other, while the sparkle adds just the right amount of glam to this beauty. But my favorite part about this micro-mosaic necklace is its 2-in-1 versatility: By detaching the bottom pendant it converts into a more subtle arc necklace, and gives you even more ways to incorporate it into your wardrobe.
The second delicate statement necklace is a silver-plated collar necklace, with the perfectly fitting name “Swag”. The modern and sleek style can match a variety of outfits, while always adding an understated elegance. A semi-precious howlite triangle shaped drop makes this show-stopper even more special.
Since these necklaces are so delicate, there is little risk of “overdoing” it with accessories. Thus, I like to finish my jewelry look with silver hoop earrings and a bracelet stack, as I am sporting the “Swag” collar.
When wearing the Stone Tile necklace, I love picking up the turquoise color and match with the same color ring and studs. But, of course, it is always a chic choice to let the necklace speak on its own.
||Silver Hoop Earrings: Stella & Dot Isadora Hoops | Silver Ring: Pave Chevron Ring | Silver Bracelets: Arrison Stretch Bracelet and Inspiration Bangle – Blessed | Leather Wrap: Sierra Double Wrap Bracelet | Cross-Body Bag/ Clutch: Waverly Petite in black ||
All jewelry pieces and the cross body bag can be found in my Stella & Dot online shop right here and under the provided links.
For my local readers, I also offer complimentary style sessions, during which you get to try on all the goodies yourself, and even invite your girlfriends! Contact me to set up a style session in the Seattle/Tacoma/Puget Sound area.
For more styles and updates on flash sales etc., like my Facebook page www.facebook.com/stelladotolgaevans
BIG THANK YOU TO SHAUN TURLEY PHOTOGRAPHY!